Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A trip to the Foothills

Mike and I took Harlee up to visit all of her cousins in Somerset yesterday. We dont get to make the trek up their that often so we always get really excited when the oppurtunity arises. Unfortunately not the whole Famn Damily was there because they were vacationing in New Orleans but we still got to see all the kids, an uncle, and Grandma too.

So we set off early morning around 9 a.m.- thats early for us :) - picked up our Niece an headed on our way, I was nerous to see how the girls would do on the road trip. Harlee tends to have fits about an hour in to any ride. Luckily, the company of her cousin Holly kept her occupied :)

We made it to the hills in good time and then the fun began! Harlee fits right in with the mountain kids. I know when I use that term it sounds like they are plucked right from the "Deliverance" movie but I dont mean it in that way. I just mean they are free spirited, rough and tumble, barefoot babies. There just... awesome. Thats the best way I can put it. They are Kids in true definition. So as soon as we arrived, shoes were off and its go go go for the rest of the day playing, running, swimming, digging, riding, and most of all getting dirty. :) Its what all kids should be doing all the time. No care in the world. A lovely day that I wish could be repeated more often...
 The Pretty Girls :)
No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
Swimmin'

Teeter-Totter

Another great thing about visiting family in the Hills? The food!


No comments:

Post a Comment