Monday, August 15, 2011

The next Picasso? It's probable

More often than not life gets hectic and planning an outing is somewhat impossible. For this reason I try to find fun, artistic, and/or educational activities for home. One thing that I love is coloring or painting! I am a crafter by nature so this stuff is so fun to do with twaddler. I went to IKEA and found an easel for $14.99, a package of two smocks for $4.99, the massive roll of paper $4.99 (I think) and last the paint which I believe was $4.99 as well. We had the paint brushes at home but you can purchase them there too for cheap. This has been a huge hit at our house. It is a simple activity. The easel stays set up in the garage and whenever Harlee wants to paint, we throw on a smock and I squirt a few different colors on a plate then let her go to town. She is very serious about her painting. I love watching her at work. You can see in her eyes she is doing the painting with much thought.



The great thing about the IKEA paint and other paints I have in the garage is they come off the skin with just warm water. After her canvas was full, the next best thing was Mommy.



As you can probably see from the painting- I like to get in there and do some silly drawings too. Harlee often puts suggestions out there that she likes me to paint. Her favorite to ask for is the good ol' fashioned :0) smiley face.

This easel has a cool benefit too. There is a dry erase board on one side of the easel and a chalkboard on the other. Another thing I do when I have my nephew over-I let both the kids paint. They are not to good at sharing the canvas so to remedy this problem I just pull the paper all the way up and over to cover the other side of the easel. I use clothes pins to clip the paper tight on the other side. So you can have two kids painting at once.
So all in all, this is a fun, easy, messy but easy to clean up activity. I think its a good bonding experience for me and the little one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment