Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Long Time No Talk-Golden Gate Park

I'm Back :0) Trying to work on the ME time amongst all the other things I have going on and Blogging was something I enjoyed.


So I have heard about the wonderful park located in the city. After 27 years living near S.F. you would think I would've made a trip their once or twice-but NO.
After doing some research it seemed like a great family trip! Using the link above I decided the paddle boats and a hike up Strawberry Hill would be fun activities!

The address I mapquested was not the correct address to the paddle boats. So I had to zoom into the map and figure it out. Thank God it was a simple enough and there wasnt much drama in getting to the boats.

Cost: $20 for one hour on the paddles boats. you can receive a dollar back if you turn in the ticket you were issued but I like to keep stuff like that for sentimental purposes. Also available to rent are canoes. I seen a couple single adults using this option. The boats are not very strenuous either. Which is good because we wanted something more chill and less workout. The little moat (they call it Stow LAKE-but that name is misleading to say the least) you paddle on surrounds Strawberry Hill and is full of Ducks, other Birds, and some turtles. Lovely flowers and greenery too.

After the paddle experience we went over the bridge and hike on Strawberry hill. There are a few paths to hike. A relatively flat path going around the perimeter of the island and then a few that actually hike up to the top. So you have options. With my twaddler in tow we decided the perimeter trail would work best. We didn't make it to far, about a quarter of the way when we had to turn back. Harlee had been constipated for a couple day and finally had a bowel movement. Nothing like a little activity to get the kinks out :0) After the hike we went back and had lunch. Around the boat rental place is picnic benches but there seemed to be a school field trip so we decided to have lunch on the hood- Harlee dug it!


Here are a few shots I got of Strawberry Hill while paddling around-

Our Turtle Friend


View from the Captains Chair


A Lovely Waterfall on Strawberry Hill

So we definitely are planning to go back and next time are hoping to visit the children's park with carousel :) Harlee loves the merry-go-round!


No comments:

Post a Comment