Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday!

My favorite time of year has always been Christmas-that is until Harlee came along :) Now my favorite time of year can be narrowed down to one specific day-HER BIRTHDAY! I love planning, organizing, and creating for the big event. This year we went with a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme because Harlee loves her some Mickey. I wanted to share some of the pictures from the day.



Here are some picture frames I decorated. The frames are wooden frames (IKEA for a few $) painted with your basic acryllic paint. I took my happy butt down to Michaels and found Disney, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Birthday themed stickers and applied them to the frame. I really love the Mickey Mouse Head button stickers.




I started this little tradition last year that I wanted to carry on which is the "Ode to Harlee" shrine I create above the fire place. I love snapfish.com collage posters and I created one with photos of her from the last year and hung it over the fireplace with the decorated frames sitting on the mantle below. Then I used my amazing cricut machine to cut out Mickey Mouse heads. The heads have the letter 'H' and number '2' cut out of the center for her name and age. Above it all hangs the Happy Birthday Banner I made with the cricut also. I cant remember the the name of the cartridge but it was Mickey Mouse themed. The poster reads "Our little Mousekadoer is turning TWO"

One of my favorite things ever about this birthday was that a few months prior I was in PetCo with Harlee checkin out the fish and happened to find one called a Mickey Mouse Platy- I couldnt figure out why the fish had this name....so I stared at it for awhile and then BOOM-I seen it- Can you?
On the tail of the fish is a black mark- I know its probably difficult to see, but its in the shape of a silhouetted Mickey Mouse Head! So friggin cool! I vowed to get Harlee these for her Birthday. They made a lovely display on the dessert table. I got her two fish and she has named them Mickey and Minnie and she loves them dearly :)

So about that dessert table! If your anything like me you have researched party planning and seen the amazing displays and parties being done out there. I know I do not come close to competing with those but believe me my little dessert table was a huge HIT!




I designed the Hershey mini wrappers in photoshop and printed them out on the sticker sheets I bought through OnlineLabel.com. They are really cheap :) The pinwheels were also DIY- I found a simple tutorial online. I cut out mini Mickey Mouse heads and placed them in the middle. I had planned on letting the kids have these to play with but pins were used to hold the pinwheel together and I just didnt know how well the hot glue would hold up so I decided against it. My cookies were bomb! I got the cookie cutters offline from disney and they came out really cute.


Do you know how to make the clubhouse appear??? well with the magic words of course! MEESKA, MOOSKA, MICKEY MOUSE!!


This is from the theme song in the opening of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :)

Well, that was everything I photographed of the decor. I forgot some stuff, including the cute table cards I made with the individual characters. Each dish I made was themed after a character and a card was placed in front of the dish with the name. I did Minnie's BOW-tie pasta salad, Goofy's Garden Roasted Vegetables, Daisy's Flower Fruit Salad...etc.  It was all and all a really great day and I was proud of how it turned out :)  already thinking of the theme for next year....hmmm? carnival?

No comments:

Post a Comment