Monday, September 12, 2011

oh, Baby baby baby!

I am planning my cousin Candice's Baby Shower! I am so very very very excited about it. It just so happens that as it comes closer to the shower actually getting here everything has gotten a little more difficult because of work hours increasing, school load increasing, and still trying to find time for little miss Harlee.

So this week is crunch week. We are six days away and my sister and I have been working on crafts nightly. The theme is Bubbles/Rubber Ducky. The color scheme is blues, yellows, and white.  First, we created the centerpieces, or one of the centerpieces, for the tables. The baby is a boy, and his name is going to be Aatley James. This centerpiece is made up of a mini pot, paint, foam, moss, bamboo skewer, and some cardstock from michaels. I made four of these and the total for all of them was less than $12.



The next thing we decorated were the "vintage milk bottles". These are soooo cute. I got the idea I think from Hostess with the mostess? but im not sure. Anyway, we bought five 4-packs of these-
   


If you take off all the stickers and plastic wrap around it you get a plain looking bottle that is reminiscent of the vintage milk bottles that used to be deliver to your door. So, in photoshop I created some graphics, printed them and cut them in to 2in circles. My sister added ribbon around the bottles and glued the circle to the front of the bottle. we then added our striped paper straws we got from etsy and the end result looked like this...




We did two types of bottles. The first has ribbon at the top and bottom of the bottle and the second has two strips of ribbon around the bottom. I think they look really cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment